Ah! Stress Less!
Every individual around the entire world faces a daily threat to their bodily and mental health. This threat that we all struggle with every day, is quite a familiar word... stress. Although we are all highly familiar with the term, a great many of us lack understanding in what exactly stress is, as well as the effect that it has on our mental and physical well-being. Let's delve a little deeper into the roots of stress, including the causes, effects, and what we can do to hinder its ability to lay such tremendous claim on our lives. While in turn, understand how to maintain healthy levels of stress to ensure optimal health in our lives.
Here are several productive steps to ensure that you stop stress, before it takes control and negatively affects your body:
- Breathe: Quite possibly the most powerful strategic approach to prevent stress from overcoming your body, is simply to breathe. The empowering inhalation and exhalation allows your mind to concentrate on the situation at hand, and slow down your body's overwhelming need to want to act upon the stress.
- Avoid Stress: This may seem like a simplistic approach, yet it is powerful no-less. By avoiding a situation that you know will create stress in yourself, is one of the best ways to remove stress from your life.
- Precautionary Measures: Another incredible way in coping with stress is to literally train your body to not stress at all. Simply incorporating something healthy and beneficial into your life can make all the difference in how your body responds to stress. Yoga, meditation, tai-chi, and massage are all wonderful and unique attributes that your body will begin to reflect upon naturally in stressful situations.
- Eat Right: What we put into our body's is often overlooked in terms of how it affects our stress-levels. “We are what we eat”, is a common phrase yet few of us actually abide by this. By taking proper measures in packing a healthy lunch to keep our body's up to par speed, we can utilize that to our benefit and ensure that feeling sluggish won't create a hindrance on our day.
- Do Less: We live in such a fast-paced society that it is so often difficult to find any time to slow down. From the moment we awaken in the morning we are on the go until we lay back down in bed. It is greatly important to set a schedule for ourselves and actually abide by it. Set all your “must-do” priorities first and foremost, get them out of the way, and whatever is left over can wait until tomorrow.
Every person in the world struggles to cope with stress everyday, but it is interesting and important to note, that we don't have to. Simply by slowing our pace, learning how our body's work as well as how they respond to stress, and then taking the proper measurements to prevent stress from happening in the first place (as well as dealing with it properly if it can not avoided) can save our body's and minds a significant amount of pain and hardship.